Monday, January 7, 2013

The Blustery Day

Hi-ho hi-ho it's off to work I go!  Today was the first day back to school after a three week winter vacation.  I had done my fair share of shopping over the past few weeks and was very excited to try out some of my new pieces.  Be forewarned that I am on somewhat of a blazer kick so they will be showing up a lot over the next few weeks.  I have decided that I love blazers for three very important reasons: #1 they make anyone look skinnier because they nip in at the narrowest part of the body #2 they can dress up almost any outfit and #3 they are a timeless classic so they never go out of style.  For my first blazer outfit, I decided to go with orange and blue, which is another one of my recent obsessions.  I love the way orange and blue play off of each other and add brightness to an outfit.  The blazer I wore had a great printed liner so I rolled up the sleeves for a little extra something, and to tie in the blue.  The result is the following outfit:

 
 
            
 
Orange Blazer: Kenar via Marshalls $29.99
Blue Tank: Target $8
Black Pants: Columnist from Express (hand me down)
Booties: Enzo Angeloni via Ross $19.99
Necklace: New York & Company $10
Earrings: BCBG via Ross $6 (and they came in a set of three!)
Watch: Target $14.99
 
 
Along with this whole going back to school business, I woke up to 40 degree windy weather (Brrr!) so I had to add a coat to my outfit.  I have the outfit including the coat below.
 
 
Coat: New York & Company (gift-but I happen to know it cost about $60...talk about a deal for a full length wool coat!)
 
 
 
I have to say that this is one of my favorite outfits I've worn over the past few weeks so I was excited to share it.  What do you like to wear on cold windy work days?





No comments:

Post a Comment