Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Polka Dots and Pearls

Today was yet another cold, windy day in Southern California.  The cold front is supposed to end here on my first day in Mammoth...an even colder area of the state.  Maybe I'll defrost next week...
Anyway, with all this cold weather I've been bundling up so I decided to go fairly monochromatic today, with a twist.  I like wearing outfits that are monochromatic because they  trick the eye into thinking that you are skinnier than you actually are, and they make a great backdrop for an array of exciting accessories.  Today I went with black, but decided to add some girly touches.  I went girly with the polka dot blouse, pearl jewelry, and bow charm bracelet.  Altogether, I really liked this look for a day that was half teaching, half meetings.  How do you like to accessorize a monochromatic outfit?

 

 
Polka Dot Blouse: Forever 21 $19.50
Black pants: New York and Company (hand me down)
Belt: Kohls (gift)
Booties: Enzo Angeloni via Ross $19.99
Coat: Ross $35.99
Scarf: Pier 1 (gift)
Earrings: gift (These are my real ones...not the fake ones I had in a post a few days ago.  They have a slightly creamier color which I thought matched the blouse better.)
Necklace: Mervyns (old)
Ring: Lia Sophia (gift)
Watch: Fossil $49.99
Bracelet: Juicy Couture (gift)
Barrette: Target $3.99 (for a set of 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment