Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Two for"...

Today was a "two for".  Due to my schedule today, I needed an outfit for the morning that was a little fancier.  I was excited to wear a dress that I had purchased this summer and adapt it to fit the wintery weather.  The result was the following outfit:

 
 
Chevron Striped Dress: Emma & Michele via Ross $14.99
Blazer: H&M $16.99 (Gotta love pre-holiday sales!)
Heels: I.N.C. International Concepts via Macys $25
Gold Stud Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 
I wore a tan trenchcoat (not pictured but was from Target and I received it as a gift) over this outfit when I was outdoors as well.  As I was accessorizing I had some trouble with figuring out a necklace for this outfit.  It started me thinking that I'd like to find some jewelry with some varied colors.  I tend to go for metalics, black, white, and blue...but I really need to add more color to my accessory selection.
 
 
For the afternoon I was going to lunch and shopping with my best friend.  I needed an outfit that was again comfy, cute, and casual.  And today I needed something warm to deal with the cold front.  Hey 62 degrees is cold for Southern California!  The result is the following outfit:
 
 
 
Mustard Sweater: Wal Mart $11.98
Skinny Jeans: Max Studio via Marshalls $24.99
White Tank: Wal Mart $4
Scarf: Nordstrom (gift)
Boots: old internet purchase
Gold Stud Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 
Often when I have such a varied schedule I choose an outfit that can be adapted by changing a skirt or dress slacks for jeans.  However, today I was feeling a little creative and decided to go with two separate outfits.  What do you like to do with your wardrobe when you have a busy schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment