Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Prepster

Day two of my blazer bonanza!  Today I wanted to try a somewhat preppy look.  It wasn't supposed to be as cold as it was yesterday, so I decided to layer it up.  Over the weekend I found a great plaid blazer on clearance at Target and wanted to try it out.  I ALWAYS plan my outfits the night before since it cuts down on the time I need in the morning.  I have always been a night owl so deciding on an outfit in the morning results in me looking like a hot mess.  So I set about planning an outfit around my plaid blazer that I was so eager to wear.  I tried on several pairs of pants and tops underneath, but nothing seemed to look right.  I had basically given up on my blazer for the night when I got the idea to turn to Pinterest for inspiration.  I typed in plaid blazers and voila! I found something that I thought might work...

from cusp.com
 
Now admittedly, the leather pants are a bit much.  However, I liked the way that the top is layered under the blazer.  Really it was perfect for a maybe cold, maybe not kind of day.  I tore through my closet and ended up using some of my oldest pieces to create my version of this layered look.  My version is below:
 
 
 
 
White Oxford Shirt: Spencer via Ross (old)
Grey Sweater Vest: Express (old...like high school old)
Blazer: Target $17.98
Jeans: Max Studio via Marshalls $29.99
Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Watch: Fossil $49.99
Earrings: Charlotte Russe $3
Necklace: Forever 21 $4.80
 
 
The layered look worked out great for today.  It was a chilly 52 degrees for bus duty this morning and had warmed up to 72 degrees by dismissal time.  It was also great to have the option of taking the blazer off when teaching in the classroom and still looking put together.  What do you think about the layered look?  Would you wear something similar?




No comments:

Post a Comment