Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Professionalism with Flair

Today I had a meeting with a parent and was presenting at a staff meeting.  Although my school site has a fairly lax dress code (most of the teachers are in jeans on a daily basis) I like to dress a little more professionally, particularly on days when I will be meeting with parents.  Also, Wednesdays are minimum days so I can usually get away with wearing heels that I wouldn't be able to wear on the other days of the week.  As I was planning my outfit for today the goal was to incorporate a professional look with flair...wearing heels if possible.  I also decided to take a mini break from blazers and reuse my layering idea from yesterday.  The resulting outfit is pictured below:


 
Oxford Shirt: Daniel Rain via Nordstrom Rack $29.99 (giftcarded)
Black Sweater: Forever 21 $14
Green Skirt: Vince Camutto via Nordstrom Rack $36.99 (giftcarded)
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Necklace: Avenue $8
 

When I dress professionally, I often like to add a pop of bright color like the kelly green skirt in this picture.  How do you add flair to your work looks?

When I returned home I was planning to do some things around the house and take my puppy for a nice long walk.  I elected to change into jeans and flats to do my thing.  I have also been battling a headache all day...thus the glasses.  The modified outfit is below:


Jeans: Max Studio via Marshalls $29.99
Glasses: Dolce and Gabana $300 (thank goodness for insurance!)
Flats: Fox Racing via Ross $12.99

No comments:

Post a Comment