Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Copycat

Today was a beautiful day in sunny Southern California!  Finally the 72 degree winter weather I've come to expect.  I celebrated by wearing a skirt.  I have been dying to wear this skirt ever since I saw it.  I first saw it on another blog that I follow "J's Everyday Fashion" where she paired it with a navy top, black blazer, and boots.
 
Once I saw this post, I knew I had to have this skirt.  My best friend is the queen of finding good deals on cool stuff so I gave her the mission of finding this skirt.  I had just about given up all hope of finding it since I knew it had been clearanced out, when lo and behold, we found it on the clearance rack of The Limited in a mall I rarely visit.  I was ecstatic!  I didn't even care about the price, I marched right over to the sales desk to purchase it.  To my excitement, the sales lady told me it had been mismarked and would cost a mere $14.99!!!  Ever since that lovely December afternoon, I have been dying to wear my skirt, and today was the day.  I decided to pair the skirt with a navy blue top, blazer, and shoes, set off with gold accessories.  The result is below:
 
 


 
Navy Blazer: Charlotte Russe $25
Navy Tee: Tahari via Marshalls $10.99
Skirt: The Limited $14.99
Shoes: purchased in Paris, France (about $35)
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
Ring: Francesca's $7.99
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
 
 
 
Today I wore a skirt that I had seen on someone else and fell in love.  Do you ever see an item that you become obsessed with?  What would you do to track it down?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment