Monday, January 21, 2013

Mammoth Baby!

For the last few days I have been away on a trip to Mammoth with my family.  The trip was a gift for my dad and a chance for our family to spend some quality time together, both on and off the slopes.  My brother and I drove up late late on Thursday night (thus the reason I was not able to post on Thursday) and we arrived home late Sunday night.  Since I didn't have reliable internet access in the condo, I decided to take photos and blog when I returned from the trip. 

Now, I had been dreading the cold weather since last week when the temperatures reached 3 degrees below zero up at Mammoth Lakes, however the weather was much milder when I was there with a high of 43 and a low of 3 degrees.  I definitely bundled up with lots of layers (leggings and long sleeve tees were my best friends), but also tried to look somewhat put together.

On Friday, my mom and I hung out around the condo and had some girl time.  For lunch, we went into the village and met up with my brother and my dad and even got some shopping in.  After lunch, we rode the gondola up to the lodge and had a drink while taking in the sights.  Unfortunately I got a migraine and we had to return to the condo, but I had a great time up to that point.  Since the plan was to be walking around outside, I layered it up.  I wore two pairs of leggings under my black jeans and wore a tank top and long sleeved tee under the striped tee I wore on top.  I finished the look with my black leather boots, black scarf, and my long turquoise peacoat.  The results are below:

 
Tank: Target (old)
Long Sleeve White Tee: Wal Mart $8
Long Sleeve Striped Tee: H&M $12
Black Leggings: Target $7
White "Long Underwear" leggings: Target (old)
Black Jeans: Vigoss via Marshalls $24.99
Black Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Black Scarf: Forever 21 $4.50
Turquoise Peacoat: New York and Company (gift)
"Magic" gloves: Vans (gift)
Purse: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx $24.99
Earrings: New York and Company $5
Necklace: Tiffanys (gift)
Watch: Fossil $49.99 
 
On the second day of the trip, I got all geared up to go snowboarding.  My brother and dad had gone the day before so they already had their lift tickets and rentals.  When I got to the lodge at 9 am, the line for rentals was over two hours long!  At 11 am, I was only half way through the line so I decided to head back to the condo.  It wasn't worth the wait and the cost for half a day of boarding.  When I returned home, I changed into a comfier outfit for the rest of the day.  I used the same black jeans from the day before (one of my tricks for packing light on a trip) and layered it with a black long sleeve tee and a cozy sweater.  Both outfits are featured below:
 

 
Black Long Sleeve Tee: Marshalls $7.99
Black Thermal: Hurley via Ross (old)
Snowboarding Jacket: Maui and Sons via Ross $35.99
Purple Leggings: TJ Maxx $4.99
White "Long Underwear" Leggings: Target (old)
Black Waterproof Pants: New Balance via Ross $11.99
Boots: Payless Shoe Source $24.99
Beanie: Target (gift)
Scarf: Target (gift)
 

Long Sleeve Black Tee: Wal Mart $8
Sweater: Matix via Marshalls $20.99
Black Pants: Max Studio via Marshalls $25.99
Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Necklace: Tiffanys (gift)
Earrings: New York and Company $5
Watch: Fossil $49.99
 
The third and final day of the trip was to be a driving day.  We had to check out of the condo by 9 am so we decided to wander around the village again to do some shopping.  I had picked out a few souvenirs that I wanted to pick up and I needed to grab myself a sweatshirt.  (The sweatshirt has become a traveling tradition.  I buy sweatshirts on the trips I go on.  So far I have ones from San Diego, Hawaii, New York, and now Mammoth.)  The outfit I chose is below:
 
 
Tank Top: Hanes via Mervyns (old)
Sweater: KMart $15
Cords: Calvin Klein Jeans via Marshalls $12.99
Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Watch: Nixon (gift)
Necklace: Tiffanys (gift)
Earrings: New York and Company $5
 
Overall it was a great trip.  I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with my family, and have a little fun too.  I hope next time I make it up to Mammoth I'll be able to make it onto the slopes.  Here are a few shots I took of the mountains while I was up there...
 







No comments:

Post a Comment