Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Hands...Warm Heart

Today was another cold one.  Apparently this is some sort of weather phenomenon that happens once every ten years or so when freezing temperatures sweep Southern California!  I am not well equipped to dress for these freezing temperatures.  This California girl wants her 70 degree winter weather back!  I'm dealing with it by seeing it as preparation for the negative temperatures I may encounter this weekend in Mammoth.  While I'm looking forward to some skiing and time with my family, its hard to get geared up for weather that may reach -3.  But I digress...

Anyway, back to the day at hand.  Due to the cold temperatures again today I decided to go with a different outfit than I had originally planned.  I'm itching to wear a skirt or dress of some kind but I'm worried I may freeze to death!  For a somewhat unplanned outfit, I think it came together fairly well.  Again I went with the cobalt blue, black, and white color combination (one of my favorites!)  I started with a fairly traditional business look, but added a little edge and modernity with the accessories.  How do you like to add modernity to a traditional business look?

 
 
 
Cocoon Sweater: Liz Claiborne via JC Penney $8
White Tee: American Apparel (hand me down)
White Tank: Target (old)
Glenn Plaid Pants: New York and Company (hand me down)
Booties: Enzo Angeloni via Ross $19.99
Multi-strand Necklace: Target (came with another top)
Earrings: New York and Company $5
Ring: Target $3.48
Watch: Target $14.99
Coat: Ross $35.99
Scarf: Forever 21 $4.50
 
 
After school I had plans for a casual dinner with a friend so I decided to change for the evening.  I went with a simple combination of black skinny jeans and a sweater with boots.  Nothing too exciting, but it was warm and perfect to grab a quick bite to eat.
 
 
Turquoise Sweater: Target $15
White Tank: Target (old)
Black Skinny Jeans: Vigoss via Marshalls $25.99
Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Scarf: Forever 21 $4.50


No comments:

Post a Comment