Monday, January 21, 2013

Bonus Weekend Day!

Today was a bonus weekend day.  I had the day off from school for Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.  My overall plan for the day was paying a visit to the gym, running a few errands, grading, and designing a test for my fifth graders so I started the day in gym clothes then changed into a comfy yet stylish outfit comprised of colored skinnies and a striped shirt.  The weather was much warmer than it had been last week (83 degrees in January!)  so I went with a short sleeve tee.  As I was out and about I had a friend call and ended up meeting her for lunch.  Upon returning home, I had another friend call me up to plan an improptu dinner.  I added a sweater since it had cooled off a bit, but was still a fairly warm night.  I'm glad I wore something other than gym clothes today!  It was a fun day but it looks like I'll be up late tonight to catch up on all that work stuff for my classroom.  Welcome to the life of a teacher...


 
Striped Shirt: Kenar via Marshalls $14.99
Green Skinny Jeans: New York and Company $20
Sweater: New York and Company (hand me down)
Ballet flats: Target $14.99
Watch: Target $14.99
Necklace: JC Penney $15
Earrings: New York and Company $5
 
 
*A note on all of these hand me downs:  You may have noticed that almost every outift I wear has at least one piece that is labeled "hand me down".  Almost all of these items are from my extrememly stylish best friend.  About a year ago, we both set about losing some weight.  Through both diet and exercise I have lost about 75 lbs. and she has lost around 25 lbs.  Now, losing that much weight is great, however I have basically had to rebuild my wardrobe from scratch.  Luckily, I have shrunk to the size my best friend was when this whole thing started so I have been inheriting those clothes that are now too large for her.  It has worked out great when it comes to my finances, and since she is so stylish, it has helped my style to evolve some too.
 
I wear hand me downs as long as they fit my style and my shape.  What do you think?  Would you wear hand me downs?

No comments:

Post a Comment