Monday, January 28, 2013

Busy Busy Day

Today I had an extremely busy day.  I had plans this morning with an old friend from high school that I had to get up fairly early in the morning for.  And what a cold morning it was!  It rained off and on throughout the morning and I just couldn't seem to get warm.  Then I returned home for about two hours and tried to squeeze in some more grading.  Getting ready for report cards can be a pain in the neck!  After my short break, I was off to a family linner (lunch/dinner) at my cousin's house.  My cousin from Oklahoma was in town so it was great to visit with her for awhile.  After a few short hours, I was off to my third event of the night.  My friend moved to Hawaii in July and had returned home for a visit, so his parents threw him a BBQ in honor of his return.  Because of the variety of functions I was attending today, as well as the unpredictable nature of the weather today, I had to layer up.  I decided to go fairly simple, casual, and classic.  I wore skinny jeans with a black top and black boots.  I layered it with a patterned scarf and leather jacket.  The resulting look is below:

 
 
Black Tank: Target $8
Black Stretch Linen blouse: Marshalls $12.99
Jeans: Paige Denim via Marshalls $39.99
Boots: David Tate via DSW $95
Scarf: Marshalls $9.00
Jacket: Target $35
Watch: Target $14.99
Earrings: New York and Company $5
Ring: New York and Company $7
 
Today I went simple and classic because I had such a busy day.  What do you like to wear when your schedule gets hectic?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment