Friday, January 11, 2013

Blazer Bonanza

Today was the day to return to my blazer bonanza.  After a few days of doing something else, I was itching to try another blazer-ific outfit.  As I was surfing Pinterest a few days ago, I came across an outfit that I thought I'd like to try out.  While Olivia Palermo is not always my choice of style icon, I liked the color combination she used in this photo and wanted to try it out. 

 
I love the idea of cobalt blue on the bottom with a black blazer.  I was in love with the use of gold jewelry to set the look off and so I hatched my own plan to copy this outfit in my own way.  I went with a cobalt blue skirt for work, and switched into blue skinny jeans for the evening.  My version of the outfit is below:

 
    

     
Black Blazer: H&M $16.99
Striped Shirt: Green Envelope via TJ Maxx $12.99
Blue Skirt: Target $7.48
Heels: Wild Pair via Bakers $25
Blue Skinny Jeans: Fashion Avenue $12
Flats: Target $14.99
Necklace: New York & Company $10
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
Ring: Francesca's $7.99
 
 
Whenever I see a celebrity whose style I love, I try to recreate the look using afforable pieces.  Do you ever see celebrity photos and want to emulate their style?  

No comments:

Post a Comment