Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kindergarten for a Day

Today I was scheduled to teach Saturday School.  At my school, we use an attendance recovery program to help students who have been absent make up the days, and to help the school earn back the money lost by student absences.  Because it is merely an attendance recovery, my principal has allowed us the freedom to make it fun for the students, while still being academic.  We teach multi-grade level (1st through 5th grade all in one room), and can choose our own curriculum.  Today we had teachers teaching dance, computers, art, and all about dinosaurs.  For this program we need to keep the kindergarteners in a separate class, and I am the kindergarten teacher for Saturday School.  I like doing kinder because it takes care of that feeling of missing the little kids (I taught 2nd grade for 5 years and still miss the little ones sometimes).  There's just something about a five-year-old telling you you're the best teacher ever...Anyway, because its Saturday and because its kinder, the dress code is more lax.  I knew I was going to be crawling around on the floor and passing out art supplies all morning so I went with a comfortable teaching outfit.  I also knew that my afternoon was going to consist of grading papers like a mad woman in preparation for report cards.  I decided to stick with my trusty cobalt blue, black, and white combination.  What would you wear to work with 25 five-year-olds for the day?
 
 
Black Tank: Target $8
Checked Oxford Shirt: Daniel Rain via Nordstrom Rack $29.99 (giftcarded)
Blue Skinny Jeans: 17/21 Denim via Marshalls $16.99
Ballet Flats: Target $14.99
Necklace: about $15 old (from a jewelry party of some kind)
Earrings: New York and Company $5
Watch: Target $14.99 (and that's my puppy Abby in the background...such a photobomber!)

No comments:

Post a Comment