Monday, April 1, 2013

The Perfect Purple Pencil Skirt

Today was Monday and I had a long day ahead of me.  I knew that I had duty in the front of the school, rotation all day, a meeting with a parent after school, and a tutoring session.  When I got home I knew I was going to be running to the grocery store and doing a few other errands.  I had bought a purple pencil skirt a few weeks back at a big sale at the Limited and was waiting to figure out the perfect outfit to wear it with.  Last night, the perfect pairing occurred to me.  I decided to couple the pencil skirt with a sheer polka dot blouse and black heels.  I decided last minute to add my black blazer since the weather was a little chillier than I had originally expected it to be.  The outfit was great for a long day at work.  I felt put together and cute.  I thought it was a great modern version of the classic pencil skirt outfit.

 
 
Black Tank: Nordstrom (hand me down)
Polka Dot Top: Old Navy (gift)
Pencil Skirt: The Limited $10
Heels: Payless Shoe Source $15
Blazer: H&M $16.99
Necklace: JC Penney (old)
Earrings: Forever 21 $1.50
Watch: Nixon via Nordstrom Rack $59.99
 
Today I paired black and white polka dots with a purple pencil skirt.  I have a ton of ideas for my new skirt, and I can't wait to try them all out.  How would you wear a purple pencil skirt?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment