Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rock 'N' Roll, the Beach, and an Ear Infection

Today I had to take a sick day from work.  I have been sick for the past two weeks and for the past three days or so have been having trouble with my ears being plugged up as well.  I took the day off and headed to the doctor to get checked out.  Of course I have developed an ear infection on top of the raging cold that just won't quit.  I spent the rest of the afternoon planning for the last few weeks of school and getting started on my report cards.  This evening I had a hair appointment with my good friend and hair stylist extraordinaire, and then I went to dinner with her and her boyfriend (whom I've known since birth...literally) down by the beach.  Although it was a sick day I was going to be out and about so I needed an outfit I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in.  I was feeling a little rocker chick vibe today so I went with my trusty olive green skinny jeans (which I have been obsessed with lately) and paired them with a black top and black wedges.  I added rocker touches by wearing a leather jacket, mixed metallic layered necklace, and studded earrings.  I really liked this outfit and I think it hit just the right note for my mood today.

 
 
Top: Target $8
Jeans: Old Navy $32
Jacket: Target $35
Booties: Zigi Soho via DSW $25
Necklace: Target (came with another top)
Earrings: old
Watch: Nixon via Nordstrom Rack $59.90
 
 Today I let my mood dictate my outfit.  Do you ever dress to fit your mood?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment