Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Optical Illusion

Today  was the first day of promotion practice for my fifth graders so I knew I wanted to wear something fairly comfortable, but I was also feeling kind of girly after the last few days of strong winds and relaxed clothing.  I settled on a dress that I don't wear too often because it is so distinctive, but which I love because it gives the optical illusion of a small waist.  The patterning on this dress nips in at the waist with a contrasting strip across the middle.  I loved this dress and was able to add a few simple accessories to finish off the look.
 


 
Dress: Ross (old)
Heels: Payless Shoe Source $15
Sweater: Ross (old)
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Necklace: Groopdealz $6.99
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 
Today I played with patterns on a dress that I love to create the optical illusion of skinniness.  Do you like to choose pieces that create a similar illusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment