Sunday, May 12, 2013

Family Time!

Today I was originally supposed to work at Saturday School, but it was cancelled due to low enrollment.  I guess the kids are about as ready for summer break as I am!  I took advantage of the free morning to spend some time playing in the yard with my dog.  She was exhausted by the time we came back inside.  For the afternoon, I had made plans with my grandma for a late lunch/early dinner.  When my aunts caught wind of our plan they asked if they could join.  So this afternoon turned into a whole family affair.  We hung out at my grandma's and played "Apples to Apples" (a family favorite) and then went to Marla's, one of my grandma's favorite restaurants.  It was great to have some family time after being so busy lately.  I also had the chance to tell everyone that I was going back to school.  Everyone was so excited for me, it really boosted my confidence in starting the program this week.  After dinner I took my time getting home and ran a few errands.  I got my brother's watch fixed and made some returns. By the time I got home I was feeling pretty accomplished.  It was a great weekend day that made me really look forward to summer break.  Two weeks and counting!

For this extravaganza of activity I had planned, I wanted something that looked nice (with my family you know we'll be taking pictures), and was summery and light (It was 94 degrees outside!)  I decided to wear a light sundress as a base.  I used the colors in the dress to match the sweater and necklace.  I added flat sandals so that I would be comfortable all day long.  The outfit ended up being perfect for the day I had planned.

 
 
Dress: Ross $9.99
Sweater: Cable and Gauge via Marshalls $12.99
Sandals: Report (old)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe $8.50
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
 
Today I dressed up a summery sundress for some family time.  What do you like to wear when you hang out with your family?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment