Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Statement Necklace Girl

Last night, on my way home after Back to School Night, I stopped in at Target to pick up some cleaning supplies. Naturally I had to wander through the clothing and accessories departments first.  I was so glad that I did because I happened to spot a statement necklace that I had been lusting after all summer.  Lo and behold it was on clearance!  When I got home, I immediately started planning outfits to match my new necklace.  The outfits below were two different versions of my favorite combinations.  I loved the eclectic mix of the necklace with a striped top and colored bottoms.  I ended up wearing the outfit on the right to work, but I'm keeping the other one in mind for a more casual outing.  Upon arriving at work, I received a lot of comments about my necklace from coworkers and students alike.  One third grade teacher came to my classroom this morning because she wanted to see what cute necklace I was wearing today.  Apparently I am becoming known as the statement necklace girl.  I guess there are worse things to be known for than my fashion sense.  Would you plan an outfit around a piece of jewelry you love?
 


 
Top: Green Envelope via Marshalls $14.99
Jeans: ANA via JC Penney $10
Flats: Target $14.99
Skirt: Charlotte Russe $18.99
Belt: came with a dress
Shoes: Jessica Simpson via Nordstrom Rack $45
Midi Ring: Urban Outfitters $6.50
Earrings: Groopdealz $2.99
Necklace: Target $12.98
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment