Saturday, August 24, 2013

The First Day of School

Today is the day.  The first day of the 2013-2014 school year has arrived.  I'm not nearly as nervous as I should be because I have been sick for the past few days.  I had a minor procedure done in my doctor's office on Monday, and have since discovered that I am allergic to the antibiotics he prescribed following the procedure.  I am now beginning the school year covered in red spots, but at least I'm feeling better.  I wasn't able to prepare my classroom quite the way I would have liked so I am going with the flow this year.  It turns out that I have a class full of very sweet children, and I think it is going to be a great year...of course this is still the honeymoon phase.  Ask me again in a week or two. ;) 

For the first day of school, I normally like to wear something professional since I often meet several parents on this day, and I like to make a professional impression on my students as well.  Today I went with a navy and orange combination inspired by the bird print top I recently bought at Marshalls.  I thought that the outfit looked professional, but still felt young and modern thanks to the color combination and the bird print.  What do you think about the combination of navy blue and orange, would you wear that color combination?

 
 
Top: Marshalls $16.99
Blazer: Cynthia Rowley via Marshalls $29.99
Skirt: Nordstrom Rack (old)
Heels: Vince Camutto via Macys $20
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
Necklace: Forever 21 $4.99
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment