Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Weekend

This was another extremely busy weekend.  I had several events planned with different friends and family members, as well as a ton of stuff to do for school, including report cards.  Because I knew it was going to be such a busy weekend, I planned my outfits in advance, which really paid off because I didn't have to spend the extra time thinking about what to wear.  For Saturday morning I needed a dressier outfit, that I could easily change in and out of since I would be grading, working on report cards, cleaning house and doing laundry for most of the afternoon, and then changing back into the outfit for the earlier part of the evening, and then back out of it one final time before dinner.  The outfit I came up with was a simple pencil skirt, blouse, and blazer combination that I loved together.

 (photo taken Friday evening while in the planning stages)
Blouse: Kenar via Marshalls $16.99
Blazer: H&M $16.99
Skirt: Charlotte Russe $18.99
 
The outfit I alternated with used some of the same colors, but with a much more casual feel.  I paired a tank and jeans with a cardigan sweater and flip flops.   The resulting outfit is below:
 
Tank: JC Penneys $5
Polka Dot Cardigan: Posh via Marshalls $14.99
Jeans: Paige Denim via Marshalls $49.99
Flip Flops: Rainbow $25 (outlet)
 
Due to the fact that I would be switching back and forth between outfits, I made sure that both outfits would coordinate with the same accessories.  I used the same basic color and went with girly accessories.
 
 
Earrings: gift
Necklace: TJ Maxx $12.99
Watch: Fossil $49.99
 
This Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday.  I woke up extremely early (thanks to my puppy) and spent several hours completing my report cards.  My best friend and I had to run to the grocery store, not once but twice, and spent the beginning of the afternoon cooking for my brother's Super Bowl shindig.  After we finished cooking we headed to LA to my brothers house to watch the Ravens win it all.  Even though my team (the Green Bay Packers) was not in the big game this year, I decided to represent them anyway with my outfit choice, pictured below:
 
 
 
 
T Shirt: Old Navy: $20
Jeans: Paige Denim via Marshalls $49.99
Flip Flops: Rainbow $25
Initial Necklace: TJ Maxx $79
(I don't normally spend quite so much, especially on accessories, but I had been looking for a good quality gold necklace and this one is real [14kt] and was on major clearance so I bought it as a reward for myself after I lost the first 40 lbs.) 
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger $10
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)





No comments:

Post a Comment