Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Old Becomes New Again

Today was a chilly day in disguise.  I expected it to be much warmer than it actually was.  Because I expected decent weather, I decided to wear a skirt.  Now the skirt I wore is actually an old skirt that I had purchased before I lost a bunch of weight.  When going through my clothes, I found that there were some pieces I just couldn't bear to part with.  I took these to my grandma to see what she could do with them.  She was able to take in several of my favorite skirts! 

I had seen a few pictures on Pinterest over the past few months of outfits that I really wanted to try, but I had to wait until I got my clothes back from my grandma.  This past weekend I was able to pick them up and they all fit great.  Today was my chance to try out one of these outfits.  The first two photos are the inspiration that I found on Pinterest, and the third photo is my interpretation of the outfit.  I love this outfit and got a ton of compliments on it. 

 
 
 
Shirt: Forever 21 $19.50
Sweater: New York and Company (hand me down)
Skirt: New York and Company (old)
Flats: Target $14.99
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Necklace: TJ Maxx $79
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 
 
Today I wore an old skirt that I had tailored to fit the new me.  Would you tailor a piece to fit you again if it were one of your favorite pieces?

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment