Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seeing Double

Today I decided to get away from the stripes that have taken over my life for the past few days.  I went with an all black outfit comprised of a sheer polka dot top and black skinnies.  Now this top is somewhat of a duplicate of another top that I own that I wore about a month ago.  The difference being that this top is sheer while the other top is not.  Normally I don't purchase items that are so similar to each other, but in this case I had been hunting for a black and white polka dot top for some time.  I finally settled on the first top (the one I wore about a month ago).  Just after that, my best friend gave me the one I'm wearing today without realizing I already bought one.  I decided to keep both because a) I'm a bit obsessed with polka dots and b) this top has a more casual feel while the other one seems dressier to me.  Anyway, the inspiration photo and my interpretation of the outfit are shown below:

 
 
 
Polka Dot Top: Old Navy (gift)
Camisole: Target $8
Black Skinny Jeans: Max Studio via Marshalls $25.99
Flats: Target $14.99
Earrings: Ross $2.99
Necklace: TJ Maxx $12.99
Watch: Nixon via Nordstrom Rack $59.90
 
Now it goes without saying that I wish I had been able to do something more with my hair today.  However, the weather out where I work has been incredibly windy this week, so in an effort to keep it out of my face and as untangled as possible, I went with a bun.  If I wore this outfit again I would definitely go with loose curls. 
 
Today I wore a top very similar to another top that I own.  Would you purchase two items that are extremely similar?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment