Thursday, February 7, 2013

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Today I woke up a little late so I didn't have enough time to blow dry and style my hair so I threw it up in a bun.  The outfit I had planned was a blue geometric patterned top with a blue sweater and black pants.  This was another outfit that I got a lot of compliments on although it was fairly simple.  The outfit was perfect for a day where I would be working with small groups and checking in with my students as they completed a lot of group work.  The outfit was professional, but extremely comfortable.  Its a good thing it was comfortable because I ended up running some errands directly after school. 

Confession time: I sometimes get into a shopping mode and end up spending way more than I should on pieces that may not get a ton of use.  I know, I know, its shocking!  However, this has happened to me over the past few weeks.  I have done way too much shopping in the past ten days or so.  Solution?  Last night I went through all of my purchases with a fine tooth comb.  I tried everything on and tested the new items out with other items in my wardrobe.  I looked at the price of each item and its versatility.  Keeping all of this in mind, I separated the items into keep and return piles.  (The return pile ended up being much larger than the keep pile.)  Then, after school today I went back and returned the items I felt that I didn't need.  I hope that someday I will have the self control to say no to those heart patterned skinny jeans that are so cute, but that I'll only wear once in a blue moon...but alas I am not there yet.  Until then, this solution is working for me.

What about you?  How do you keep your frivolous fashion spending to a minimum?

 

 
Blouse: New York and Company $16
Sweater: New York and Company $15
Pants: Express (hand me down)
Booties: Enzo Angeloni via Ross $19.99
Ring: Francescas $7.99
Earrings: Tommy Hilfiger via Nordstrom Rack $10
Necklace: TJ Maxx $79
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment