Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oktoberfest

Today was an extremely full day.  I woke up early this morning to work at Saturday School.  I've been loving the last few Saturday School sessions because I've had the opportunity to dust off some old art lessons, and come up with a few new ones.  It's really inspired me to do more art with my regular students.  After a Picasso filled morning, I ran a few errands on my way home and then geared up for Oktoberfest.  My friends and I attend this celebration of beer, friends, and German food every year; and this year was no exception.  For such a packed day I needed an outfit that was comfortable and stylish.  I little while ago I had purchased this lightweight geometric print scarf that was filled with cream, navy, and olive green rectangles.  I used the colors from the scarf to pull together the rest of the outfit.  Admittedly, the scarf did not last all day.  It was just too hot to wear the scarf for most of the day, but this is one scarf that will be seeing some major play as the weather cools off.  What do you think about using a scarf or other accessory to help plan an outfit?  Would you do it?
 


 
Cream T Shirt: Very Jane $6.99
Sweater: 21 Questions via Ross $12.99
Jeans: Jessica Simpson via Marshalls $24.99
Boots: Guess via Macys $80
Scarf: Target $12.99
Watch: Fossil $49.99
Necklace: gift
Earrings: Ross $2.99 
 
Bonus: Below are some photos from this year's Oktoberfest.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment