Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Neon and Navy?

Today I had several meetings planned after school in addition to running a staff meeting and a grade level meeting.  Besides all that, I had to..ya know...teach.  Plus its finals week for my Masters program so I've been pulling my hair out trying to finish this huge culminating project.  With all this craziness going on, boy was I glad I had some pre-planned outfits sitting in my closet.  The outfit I chose to wear today is one that I have been messing with for weeks now.  I bought the top on clearance at the end of the summer and knew that it would go perfectly with my chartreuse pencil skirt.  However, when I tried the two on together it felt like it was missing something.  I kept coming back to the outfit and adding different jewelry and sweaters to try to complete the outfit but nothing seemed quite right.  Last night, when I looked at the outfit again I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you stop trying to match the neon or match the gray and choose a completely different color?"  A stroke of genius if I do say so myself.  I added the pseudo-neutral of navy blue and viola...the outfit came together.  I love love love this outfit and I got so many compliments on it today.  The best compliment I got was from a fourth grade teacher.  She told me that she looks forward to coming to school each day to see what I'm wearing.  She said that she talks with another teacher about my outfits and they always comment that I look like a principal already, professional and put together.  How sweet is that?


 
Top: Michael Kors via Marshalls $8.99 (can you say major clearance?)
Skirt: INC Concepts via Macys $25 (giftcarded)
Heels: Vince Camutto via Macys $20
Earrings: Groopdealz $3.99
Necklace: Simple Addiction $13.99
Watch: Michael Kors (gift)
 
Today I pulled together an outfit I had been playing with for weeks.  Do you ever have an outfit that you know you'll love if you can just get it right?  What tricks do you use to pull together the perfect outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment