Saturday, June 1, 2013

River Rat

I spent this weekend at my parents house in Lake Havasu City, AZ.  It was a great weekend full of fun on the water, lounging around at the house, great food (Waldo's BBQ...yum!) and taking my puppy to the beach (the channel).  It was great to see my parents since I don't see them too often, and my best friend was able to come with me, along with her husband and her puppy.  The weekend was a great preview to summer fun...and I didn't get fried to a crisp!
 
Unfortunately, my parents do not even own a full length mirror so I had to take my photos when I returned.  I apologize for the make-upless face...I had been in the car for five hours at this point.
 
Day 1: Lounging Around the House, Out on the Boat, then Waldo's BBQ
 


 
Top: Ross (old)
Shorts: American Eagle via Marshalls $12.99
Flip Flops: Rainbow $25
 
Day 2: The Channel with the puppies, The Spot, and the long drive home

 
Top: Wal Mart $8
Shorts: Wal Mart $12
Flip Flops: Rainbow $25
 
As for accessories, I'm sure I've written about this before, but I like to avoid bringing a ton of accessories on short trips.  I like to wear the same accessories with every outfit.  For this little two day trip, I chose basic sterling silver jewelry.  The necklace I chose for this weekend is a mother daughter thing.  My brother and I recently bought my mom a larger version of the "Open Hearts" necklace with her birthstone in it, and I bought myself the smaller version.  I had to wear it to visit my mom!

 
 
Earrings: Ross $2.99
Ring: Lia Sophia (free with hostess credits)
Watch: Fossil $49.99
Necklace: Kay Jewelers $59.99
 
This weekend was a fun little turn around trip to the river.  What do you like to wear for short weekend getaways?

No comments:

Post a Comment